Sunday 24 December 2006

First Post

Well the most obvious place to start a blog is by telling people about yourself. I know this is probably all a bit of a 'self absorbed' view but what the hell ;-)

As you've probably gathered my name is Oliver Mentz. I graduated from the University of Bath with a BSc in Computer Science last July and I'm now working for Ents24 which is really interesting. You see I did a placement with BT (British Telecom) which is a huge company, and I mean huge. If you imagine a large office with loads of people most of which wouldn't know you from adam then imagine loads of these offices all over the place you might be getting close. Anyway I'm digressing, Ents24 currently has 14 employees including myself so its a real departure from what I've been used to. This is great as Neil (my boss and MD of the company) has basically given me the freedom to build / refactor sections of the sight however I fancy so I've had a chance to play round with unit testing and extreme programming style development. I've also been experimenting with various design patterns, all stuff I couldn't imagine doing this soon after my degree anywhere else. So aside from computers (which I'm guessing you've picked up now as a passion of mine) I love climbing. I've been all over the UK and Europe and still feel like I've barely scratched the surface of what I want to do and could experience.

So thats a Little about me. What about this site I hear you ask.. Well I'm hoping it will prove a great place for me to store little facts, air my opinions about topics and provide a collection of links to other sites that I find useful. Most of all though I intend it to be an experiment to see if I'm cut out for blogging and what all the fuss about it is anyway.

Well if that little lot hasn't bored you yet then maybe I'm not doing so bad after all.

Merry Xmas and a Happy New year to you all

Ollie

p.s. as you've probably guessed spelling and grammar aren't great skills of mine so feel free to let me know the corrections that are bound to be needed to this.

No comments: